Monday, June 16, 2008

Pino Angelica painting

Pino Angelica painting
Berthe Morisot Boats on the Seine painting
seemed to be all in a quiver with fear, for his hands twitched as if he had the ague, and his head kept turning to left and right with two bright little twinkling eyes, like a mouse when he ventures out from his hole. It gave me the chills to think of killing him, but I thought of the treasure, and my heart set as hard as a flint within me. When he saw my white face he gave a little chirrup of joy and came running up towards me.
" 'Your protection, sahib,' he panted, 'your protection for the unhappy merchant Achmet. I have travelled across Rajpootana, that I might seek the shelter of the fort at Agra. I have been robbed and beaten and abused because I have been the
-150-friend of the Company. It is a blessed night this when I am once more in safety -- I and my poor possessions.'
" 'What have you in the bundle?' I asked.

No comments: