Monday, June 23, 2008

Thomas Kinkade The Garden of Prayer painting

Thomas Kinkade The Garden of Prayer painting
Thomas Kinkade Sweetheart Cottage II painting
Then the man went and stood among them, and said, "Wife, are you emperor now."
"Yes," said she, now I am emperor.
Then he stood and looked at her well, and when he had looked at her thus for some time, he said, "Ah, wife, be content, now that you are emperor."
"Husband," said she, "why are you standing there? Now, I am emperor, but I will be pope too. Go to the flounder."
"Oh, wife, said the man, what will you not wish for? You cannot be pope. There is but one in Christendom. He cannot make you pope."
"Husband, said she, I will be pope. Go immediately, I must be pope this very day."
"No, wife," said the man, "I do not like to say that to him. That would not do, it is too much. The flounder can't make you pope."

No comments: