Monday, October 27, 2008

Thomas Gainsborough The Blue Boy painting

Guido Reni The Archangel Michael paintingFrancois Boucher The Rape of Europa painting
MESSALINA WAS AN EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL GIRL, SUM and quick-moving with eyes as black as jet and masses of curly black hair. She hardly spoke a word and had a mysterious smile which drove me nearly crazy with love for her. She was so glad to have escaped from Caligula and so quick to realize the advantages that with me gave her, that she behaved in a way which made me quite sure that she loved me as much as I loved her. This was practically the first time I had been in love with anyone since my boyhood; and when a not very clever, not very attractive man of fifty falls in love with a very and very clever girl of fifteen it is usually a poor look-out for him. We were married in October. By December she was pregnant by me. She appeared very fond of my little Antonia, who was aged about ten, and it was a relief to me that the

No comments: