Friday, December 5, 2008

Claude Monet Woman with a Parasol painting

Claude Monet Woman with a Parasol paintingJohn William Waterhouse Miranda - The Tempest painting
, but they are far north and west, beyond the land of the Halflings. But where that may be, though the Lord and Lady may know, I do not.'`You ought at least to guess, since you have seen us,' said Merry. `There are Elf-havens west of my land, the Shire where Hobbits live.'`Happy folk are Hobbits to dwell near the shores of the sea
John William Waterhouse Echo and Narcissus paintingLeonardo da Vinci Madonna with the Yarnwinder painting
growing evil; to the east the lands are waste, and full of Sauron's creatures; and it is rumoured that we cannot now safely pass southward through Rohan, and the mouths of the Great River are watched by the Enemy. Even if we could come to the shores of the Sea, we should find no longer any shelter there. It is said that there are still havens of. the High Elves! ' said Haldir. 'It is long indeed since any of my folk have looked on it, yet still we remember it in song. Tell me of these havens as we walk.'`I cannot,' said Merry. `I have never seen them. I have never been out of my own land before. And if I had known what the world outside was like. I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it.'`Not even to see fair Lothlórien? ' said Haldir. 'The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with , it grows perhaps the greater.`Some there are among us who sing that the Shadow

No comments: