Tuesday, December 16, 2008

George Stubbs Whistlejacket painting

George Stubbs Whistlejacket paintingJohannes Vermeer The Little Street paintingUnknown Artist Volk Warmth painting
might invite one of them into you, Aelfric. When invited, they can travel by the telephone connection, by that fragile link of [314] spirit to spirit, much the way that I can travel through one mirror to another.”“No lie?”“No lie. Don’t you dare use star sixty-nine after I hang up.”“All right.”“Or ever again when I call you.”moved it from desk to the maximum length of its cord.He’d relocated it for extra security, in the event that he needed to make a quick call for help.While that was true, it represented only part of the truth. He also toyed with the idea of keying in *69.Fric didn’t embrace self-destruction. He wasn’t one of those Hollywood brats who were eager to grow up and become a rich heroin junkie. He had no intention of “Never.”“I’m deadly serious about this, Aelfric.”“I wouldn’t expect a guardian angel to do this.”“Do what?”“Scare the crap out of me.”“Encourage, inspire, terrify,” the caller reminded him. “Now sleep in peace tonight, while you can. And in the morning, waste no time. Prepare. Prepare to survive, Aelfric, prepare, because when I look forward right now to see how things will most likely unfold ... I see you dead.”

No comments: