Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sung Kim Point

Sung Kim PointSung Kim ParadiseSung Kim Palm ReflectionSung Kim Overlook Cafe II
You never come and see me," said the tortoise. "I know you're busy," it added sarcastically, "but a quick prayer would be nice, even."
"I checked you first thing this morning," said Brutha.
"And I'm hungry."
"You had a whole melon rind last night."
"And who had the melon, eh?"
"No, he didn't," said Brutha. "He eats stale bread and water."
"Why ?"
"You did," said Brutha. Then he added: "According to Book One of the Septateuch, anyway."
I've never thought like this before, he thought. I'd never have said "anyway."
"Why'd the captain tell me something like that?" he said. "It's not normal conversation."
"I told you, I never made the world," said Om. "Why should I make the world? It was here already. And if I did make a world, I wouldn't make it a ball. People'd fall off. All doesn't he eat fresh bread?""He waits for it to get stale.""Yes. I expect he does," said the tortoise."Om?" "What?""The captain just said something odd. He said the world is flat and has an edge.""Yes? So what?""But, I mean, we know the world is a ball, because . . .The tortoise blinked."No, it's not," he said. "Who said it's a ball

No comments: