Friday, August 22, 2008

Mary Cassatt Tea painting

Mary Cassatt Tea paintingEdward Hopper Gas paintingEdward Hopper Ground Swell painting
was anything I could do then but go with him; everybody seemed to be waiting for me. I don't remember deciding: one minute I was standing with Uncle Ira, the next I was in Maurice's sidecar and off we were going, just like the wind, and Maurice threw back his head and laughed!"
She tisked her mouth-corner. "That was a couple of years ago. And you know, hedid keep his word to Uncle Ira, even though in a way he didn't have to -- I mean, since he had me anyhow. I think that was very good of him, don't you? There's something reallydecent about Maurice, way down deep."
"Deep is right," Max said. His voice was hushed with appall. Recalling the distressed young co-eds of legend, I assumed she had been kept prisoner since that fateful day -- her husband being after all the warden of Main Detention -- and fervently offered my services to the end of freeing her, by force if necessary. But Anastasia was merely amused by my suggestion: she was no prisoner at all, she declared; on the contrary, she came

No comments: