Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thomas Moran Entrance to the Grand Canal, Venice painting

Thomas Moran Entrance to the Grand Canal, Venice paintingJean Francois Millet Woman Baking Bread paintingJean Francois Millet The Walk to Work painting
on the other side of the road.’
‘So we should,’ said Sebastian, swinging abruptly across.
‘Here, stop. I’d sooner walk.’
‘Stop? Certainly.’
He put on the brakes and we came abruptly to a halt broadside across the road. Two policemen quickened their stride and approached us.
‘Let me out of this,’ said Effie, and made her escape with a leap and a scamper.
The rest of us were caught.
‘I’m sorry if I am impeding the traffic, officer,’ said Sebastian with care, ‘but the lady insisted on my stopping for her to get out. She would take no denial. As you will have observed, she was pressed for time. A matter of nerves you

No comments: